December To Read



Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - J.K. Rowling:
The film adaptation of this one is my favourite of all the Harry Potters, but I have not read the book again ever since I first read it as a child. I now finally own all the English versions of the Harry Potter novels, so I'm looking forward to read this one again after such a long time.

Whispering to witches - Anna Dale:
A magical reread for me this month. This is such a sweet beautiful little children's book, and the first English book I ever owned. A cute little book that will go perfectly with the cold days of December.

The Empty Hand (De Wraak van de Sneeuwheks) - Catherine Fisher:
The Snow Walker book series was one of my favourite series as a child and I hadn't read them for such a long time. I was very curious to know if they still hold up now I've read so many other magical childrens books, so last month I read the first of the series (The Snow Walker's Son) and really enjoyed it. Time to read the others of the series as well.

Let it snow - John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle:
I got this book for Christmas last year. It's not my favourite of the novels written by John Green or the ones by Maureen Johnson, but it's such a cute little Christmas book that I can't not read it again this December.

Christmas Books - Charles Dickens:
I don't know how far I will get into this one. I am not planning to read all of the Christmas stories in this book this December, but I'd like to at least get through A Christmas Carol, since I've seen the many film adaptations so many times (and I'm definitely rewatching some of those again this month too). I'd like to finally read the original Christmas Carol story.

I don't know how far I will get with these books, because I'm quite a slow reader and I always plan on reading way more than I actually end up reading. But I am very much looking forward to reading all of these this December. I'm all ready for the Christmas feel!

Comments

  1. I love Let it snow so much! Will probably reread that soon too, eventhough it's not December anymore. Who cares, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bout of books Read-a-thon: Day 1 wrap-up, start of Day 2

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon: Day 2 wrap-up, start of Day 3