The Bout of Books Read-a-thon

I have never participated in a read-a-thon before. In fact, before a few months ago I didn't even know of the existence of read-a-thons. But I'm very excited right now to be participating in the Bout of Books Read-a-thon coming week.

I am generally a slow reader, so I don't really have any idea yet what is possible for me to read in one week. So this is mostly going to be an experiment to me to see what's possible. I don't really have a goal except to read more than I usually would within a week. And to, instead of turning on the TV like I normally do, to open a book instead.

I'm very happy to be joining on this event and I'm very very curious how it will go.

For anyone else who's interested in this challenge, here's the official Bout of books blurb with a link to their blog:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Comments

  1. I'm a slow reader too. Don't worry about it! Just keep on reading, maybe do a few challenges. Relax, read and enjoy the week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

December To Read

Bout of books Read-a-thon: Day 1 wrap-up, start of Day 2

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon: Day 2 wrap-up, start of Day 3