Bout of Books Read-a-thon Wrap-up

I just finished my final book for the Bout of Book Read-a-thon, another Doctor Who graphic novel. Which put the total amount of books I finished this week to 5.

I read two Doctor Who Graphic novels, "A fairytale life" and "The Ripper".



I really loved both, I loved the medieval and fairytale style of "A fairytale life" and it still had it's fair share of aliens and sci fi, it was pretty perfect. The art in that one, I think, was not as good as the art in "The Ripper," "The Ripper" had amazing drawings that really helped the Victorian atmosphere in the Doctor Who/Jack the Ripper story. I also really loved the storyline of that one. I've always been interested in books and films based on the Jack the Ripper murders and to have The Doctor, Amy and Rory travel back to that time and get involved way too deep with the murders, it was a very fun and exciting read. I'll definitely be reading more Doctor Who graphic novels in the future.

Another book I read this week, which I really really loved was "Attachments" by Rainbow Rowell. I loved this book so much that I dreaded its ending. I was sincerely sad when this book ended because I wanted to be lost in this story for way longer. Rainbow Rowell has a talent of making every story she writes to be the cutest story and I loved every part of it. I'd never thought I would identify so much with an IT worker, who still lives with his mom at 28, and reads other people's email for a living, but I did. I loved him, I loved Beth and Jennifer, I loved the story, and I wish there was more of it to read. I can't wait to read the other two books by Rainbow Rowell I haven't read yet ("Fangirl" and "Landline").

I also read "The Empty Hand", the second book in the Snow Walker children's series by Catherine fisher. I quite enjoyed this book as well, but not as much as the first book of the series. Still it was a really wonderful magical little tale and I will be reading the rest of the series as well the coming year.

I did some reading in "Breaking Night" by Liz Murray, but that turned out not to be a book for speedy binge-reading. I have read this book multiple times already and still I want to suck up every single bit of it every time I read it. It's the most inspirational book I've ever read and Liz Murray wil always be an enormous inspiration for me.


Lastly, I finished "Living out loud" by Keri Smith, a book that I have been reading and working with for about a year now. This is the week I got to finish it. It's a book with lots of inspirational writing as well as fun creative assignments for you to do. Some of the assignments weren't really my kind of thing, but lots of them really did encourage me to be creative, inventive and, mostly, to have fun. So all in all it was a really nice little book with lots of fun things to do.

Summary of this week:
Complete books read: 3
Total books finished: 5
Challenges done: 1
Favourite book this week: Attachments - Rainbow Rowell
Day with the most reading done: Saturday, Day 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December To Read

Bout of books Read-a-thon: Day 1 wrap-up, start of Day 2

The Bout of Books Read-a-thon